26 april 2004
Hey, guess what? I just turned 23 and a half.
I'm not doing so hot on this writing thing. Maybe I need to do that list crutch thing.
THINGS I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS WEEKEND
1. Amateur Porn: Hot or Not?
2. The fact that in six months I will be the same age my mom was when she married my dad.
3. My brother and how he's doing finishing up his junior year with crappy Immanuel Kant keeping him company.
4. How many whippets will make your heart explode.
5. What to make for Italian feasting upon.
6. How awesome it would be if Ben moves to Atlanta! (Subset of 6, which I shall call 6.01: I shall see Ben and Elena in a month! Anyone have any mandatory Chicago attractions? (Subset of 6.01, 6.01.1: Too bad there is not an application form on mimi's site to whittle out fun cute girls for her to have drinks with. Or baby-sit Nora for her. Or be a dorky fangirl-slash-bodyguard who makes sure yuppies in beige trenchcoats don't hurt her. Holy shit I am going to stop now, geez.))
7. How much I have missed swimming since last September.
8. Why doing THE DRUGS sometimes has a tendancy to make me really contemplative and weepy about my life, which I normally think is pretty much a party with dancing monkeys.
9. British accents.
10. People, and relationships, and the connections you have in the world and how some don't go away, even if you're so sure they have, and even when you've done everything in your power to forget about them and ignore them. And maybe that's okay. But for some reason it makes me more sad than happy. Maybe it is sad how easily I want to rip people out of my life sometimes. People that I still think about all the time. I couldn't stop thinking about Mr. and Mrs. Stone having taken me to NYC when I was there last month. But given that I basically disowned their daughter as a friend because I wanted to be some kind of cool loner rebel kid in high school, I don't think they'd love a little note of recollection of how nice they were to me. OH YEAH, GLAD YOU WERE NICE TO OUR DAUGHTER.
I'm going to be so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning. Sleeping for less than 4 hours is so not my style.